Nanny & Au Pair World Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease

2 posters

Go down

How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease Empty How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease

Post  Giulia Sun 27 Jan 2008, 4:22 am

You have to reassure, to convince that there is nothing to worry about and to prove that you are mature and responsible toward your illness.
There are no magic words but be positive and tell : there is this kind of problem, here is the solution.
Be as complete as possible without using medical jargon, except if one of the parents are doctors.
Giulia
Giulia

Female
Number of posts : 17
Country,City : Paris (France)
Job : Looking to become an au pair in Italy or Greece
Nationality : French
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease Empty wheelchair users- when best to tell a family

Post  scroft20 Sat 02 Feb 2008, 3:45 pm

Hi,

I finshed uni in may and hopefully to use the time between finishing and starting a job which i have applyed for in septmember basic in a school . To travel, I hopping to find a family to au pair with. I am fully trained childcare working with under 8 but as a disability person, I also found it hard to found work, When best to tell a family that I use a wheelchair, when outdoors ( also unable to walk stairs so any room would have to be downstairs) I normal put on my porfiol because its out the way, but I think it puts people off. I am not sure how to go forwards. Anyone got any idea's ?

Sarah
scroft20
scroft20
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : uk
Job : student
Nationality : birsh
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease Empty Re: How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease

Post  Giulia Sat 09 Feb 2008, 12:09 pm

Hi
Sorry for the late reply, but I had a full full week. So I thinkyou should persist until you find the suitable family.

I cross the fingers for you
Giulia
Giulia

Female
Number of posts : 17
Country,City : Paris (France)
Job : Looking to become an au pair in Italy or Greece
Nationality : French
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease Empty Re: How to tell a family or an agency about a chronic disease

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down