Nanny & Au Pair World Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Family

3 posters

Go down

First Family Empty First Family

Post  Furrow Sat 15 Nov 2008, 9:42 am

How long did it take to find your first family to be there au pair?
Furrow
Furrow
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : U.S.A. Stonington, Maine
Job : Aupair
Nationality : American
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

First Family Empty Hello

Post  Jord Sun 16 Nov 2008, 11:23 am

I have been looking for a family since last year and still havent been an au pair yet. I want to take the time and get to know the family really well and let them get to know me to make sure we are a good match. I have found a couple of families that seemed perfect and we talked for a long time but our dates didnt work out. I really want to find a family but Im just taking my time......its kind of discouraging that I havent been able to au pair yet, but I will hopefully find the perfect family soon.

Jordan
Jord
Jord
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 8
Country,City : U.S.A
Job : student
Nationality : american
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

First Family Empty Re: First Family

Post  Svetlana_Riga Tue 16 Dec 2008, 4:57 pm

Hello!

Oh, it was a long ago when I worked as an au-pair (3,5 years ago)...
I found my first family through an agency in my country. It took me about half a year to prepare all the papers and find a family. I don't know if it is fast or not...
But I just wanted to say that Jordan is doing a right thing taking her time. Looking back I understand that I was too quick deciding to "jump over" the first family I've got... I was afraid that if I don't accept them nobody else will choose me... So I went to that family and found out that we don't match... would be better to get to now it before I got there, but what was done - was done. I spent half a year in this family (it was quite terrible experience) and then found another one through my new friends. And guess what? The second family was perfect! Smile I never regret that I went there. Not even the first family. It was rough, but a bad experience is still an experience. And as they say: what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger Smile

To sum up Smile take your time, be careful, make sure the family will treat you well, risk a little and you will get an unforgettable adventure of being au-pair Smile

Good luck girls!

Svetlana

P.S.: If you want to hear my story or just to chat with someone who already was in that boat you can find me at SvRukina@gmail.com
Svetlana_Riga
Svetlana_Riga
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 2
Country,City : Latvia, Riga
Job : Student
Nationality : Russian
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

First Family Empty Re: First Family