Nanny & Au Pair World Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Au Pair required in Yorkshire, England

2 posters

Go down

Au Pair required in Yorkshire, England Empty Au Pair required in Yorkshire, England

Post  ays80 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:32 pm

Hi,

I need an Au Pair to start on Feb 10th, but I have had lots of applications, but then they cancel at the last minute. There seems to be a lot of girls out there that like the IDEA of being an Au pair but don't actual intend to be an Au pair! I can understand because it must be very scary to leave your family, but also a great adventure and opportunity to learn so much about life in different countries.

If you can advise me on what I am 'doing wrong' to get a genuine applicant, then please let me know. Below is an example of the description that I have written about our family!

I am a single mum with two children, based near HOLMFIRTH in West Yorkshire... it is a very pretty location! We have had 4 Au Pairs before and we stay very good friends with them all.

A bit about us...
Morgan: Age 12... Morgan loves to play on his X-Box and visit the park with his friends. He is a very calm and well-behaved boy, he always likes to help and is very kind.
Silvia: Age 6... Silvia is a princess. She loves to dress up like a fairy and play with her dolls. She LOVES reading stories and will spend her evenings in bed with a book. Silvia is also pursuing a career in motorsport, practising at go-karting.
Alison (Mum): age 32... I work very hard as a marketing manager in the automotive industry.

Both the children are at school, so your timetable would be this:
Mon - Fri:
8.30am - take the children to school
9.00am - Free time
3.15pm - collect children from school
4.00pm - cook a small dinner for the children, or take them to the park, swimming pool etc.

I work from home, but go out for meetings, so I come home at different times. You would need to undertake some housework, such as cleaning the kitchen after you have cooked for the children, the laundry for the children and helping the children with keeping their bedrooms tidy and doing their homework. You would also need to vacuum (hoover) through the house once a week, but only if it is needed.

2-3 days a month, I may be back quite late, or may stay away overnight.

On Saturday & Sunday, you would have free time to do whatever you like, however, I sometimes have to work on a Saturday, but this is only once every 6 weeks during the summer. You will be provided with a car (fully insured and road-worthy), which is currently a Skoda Fabia. However, I may change this car to a newer car in the next 2-3 months. The children love swimming, so you must be good in water.

We are looking for an Au Pair who is looking to experience English culture and lifestyle... we live in a very pretty village, which is famous in England because the BBC filmed a TV programme called 'Last of the Summer Wine' here. It is a wonderful tourist destination, with lots to see and do in the area. We are about 20-30 mins away from Leeds, and about 1 hour away from Manchester. There is a train station 2 minutes walk from our house, which it is easy to catch a train to London from, going via Sheffield.

You will also have a gym membership at the local leisure centre, so you can visit there in your spare time during the day.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!
ays80
ays80
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Job : Au Pair
Nationality : British
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Au Pair required in Yorkshire, England Empty nanny / au pair applicant

Post  sheytootxz Fri 29 Mar 2013, 12:02 am

Hello, I am interested to work as an au pair / nanny in your family. my friends call me Shey 25 from Philippines. i'm looking for nanny.au pair job with a wonderful family, i have already a passport and i want to start as soon as possible. I hope you can give me a chance.
I love kids. I'm honest, responsible, hard working, loving, caring, funny and God-fearing person. I enjoy being with little children. i believe that these are the characteristics needs if we talk about taking care of children. if i have given the chance, i will do my job very well, treat the family like my own family. I have an experienced of taking care of kids, since i was a working student way back in high school up to 2 years in my college and i'm proud to tell you that the kids grown up with respect on me and wants to be with me. I was an orphan girl before also and i know how hard life without the care of own parents. I lost my mother when i was in grade 3 and i want to take care of children as long as i could, in this case, i can show the mother like love to the children i am serving.

Shiela
sheytootxz
sheytootxz
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 3
Country,City : Caloocan City, Philippines
Job : Seeking a Nanny/Aupair job
Nationality : Filipino
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down