Nanny & Au Pair World Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Male Au Pairs

2 posters

Go down

Male Au Pairs Empty Male Au Pairs

Post  CH220 Thu 30 May 2013, 12:19 pm

Chris Hendry

I am a 23 year old male and am interested in becoming an Au Pair. I have just finished a PGCE in Secondary Geography and have always intended to work with children however currently would prefer the role of an Au Pair to a teacher.

I am however also struggling to find many families who are willing to accept a male Au Pair despite my background and experience in childminding and babysitting for family friends and other members of my local community.

If anyone would be willing to have a chat and give me a chance, I am certain you would be thoroughly pleased with my work ethic and attitude when it comes to working with children and working as an Au Pair.
CH220
CH220
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : UK/Newcastle
Job : Au Pair
Nationality : British
Registration date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Male Au Pairs Empty I Sympathise!

Post  nathan.mcdonnell Tue 18 Jun 2013, 4:26 pm

Dear Chris,

I really empathise with your situation. I too am a man and, on the particular au pair site I am using, I am unable to 'favourite' a family that has put 'female' as their preferred gender and thus I am totally excluded from even the possibility of contacting a family. I love children and I am very caring and hard working and I think it is a shame that I am so unfairly disadvantaged.
Any advice? Are there any websites that would make it easier for a man to get attention from families?

Thanks,
Nathan
nathan.mcdonnell
nathan.mcdonnell
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : England, Exeter
Job : Student - aspiring au pair
Nationality : Australian
Registration date : 2013-06-18