Nanny & Au Pair World Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copy of passport? scam??

3 posters

Go down

Copy of passport? scam?? Empty Copy of passport? scam??

Post  kimbogurl Sat 13 Dec 2008, 2:50 am

I have been offered a job in dubai...

all looks genuine, asked lots of questions etc, however they did ask if i have a photocopy of my passport to obtain the visa... They havent asked for money or anything like that.. im a bit confused now because of the warnings that scammers do that
kimbogurl
kimbogurl
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : New Zealand
Job : Au Pair
Nationality : New Zealander
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Copy of passport? scam?? Empty Re: Copy of passport? scam??

Post  Svetlana_Riga Tue 16 Dec 2008, 4:44 pm

Hi!

My advice is to go to embassy of the UAE in your country (or at least call) and ask if you really need a visa and if so should you send the passport copy to your employer or should you get the visa through the embassy.
I worked as an au-pair in Norway in 2004-2005 and I got my visa through the embassy and NEVER sent the passport copy to the family. All I sent was a letter and some application forms...

Good luck!

Svetlana
(SvRukina@gmail.com)
Svetlana_Riga
Svetlana_Riga
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 2
Country,City : Latvia, Riga
Job : Student
Nationality : Russian
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Copy of passport? scam?? Empty French Contract Approval Requires a copy of my passport?

Post  JuggaletteD Fri 12 Jul 2013, 8:53 am

I've been in talks with a family for some time and they said when they took in the papers to have my contract approved by the DIRECCTE that they also need a letter of motivation and a copy of my passport to go with the contract materials. I've skyped with the whole family several times and it doesn't seem like a scam (if so it's been a very long con!) but it also seems strange that suddenly they need me to send these things ASAP... (though they hired their last two au pairs through an agency who probably worked as a middle man in collecting all of the materials from both sides so perhaps they genuinely didn't realize that a copy of my passport would be required to go with the contract...). Thoughts?
JuggaletteD
JuggaletteD
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 5
Country,City : Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Job : Personal Assistant / Nanny
Nationality : American
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Copy of passport? scam?? Empty Re: Copy of passport? scam??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down